Maybe you never thought that the 3D world was for you, but you might be surprised. There’s actually plenty of things to do even if you’re not a ‘computer nerd’. You can listen to music, either a DJ who’s playing his/her favorite songs or going to real live concerts. In some ways, the 3D world is like the ordinary world. Some things are good, and some are not. You can also explore exciting regions. Some have been straight from the creator’s imagination and some are built to resemble historic or present day areas. Some regions have an educational focus. You can also visit an art gallery or photo exhibitions. If you’ve made friends in the 3D world, or would like to meet new people, maybe someone living in a completely different part of the world, it’s a nice way to chat.
Follow the instructions below, to see how you can start out in 3D worlds (in this case Open Sim, and particularly Craft World, though it works the same in most of the others). It’s simple and free.
1) Visit the page Craft world in your web browser.
2) Click: Register an avatar
Pick a first and last name for your avatar, password, contact email and what gender you’d like your avatar to have. Don’t use your real name. Try to think of something you’d like to use for a long time.
3) Now you exist in the 3D world, but to actually go there, you’ll need a viewer. On Craft World’s page, click on How to start, where you’ll find links for download of different viewers. Pick one (or more). Firestorm is very popular. We tend to use Singularity, which seems to suit us best. Download and install it.
4) Start the viewer and log in with your new avatar. For Grid, pick Craft World. It’s usually already among the alternatives. If not, pick grid manager/configurator and type in the info from the above image.
5) Now you’re an avatar in a 3D world and you can start exploring. Maybe you’d like to come and see me :).
I’m in Luna Fiori. My name is Olive Tor there. If you like, come and say hi.by admin
I’m so happy that I’m dancing (as Lila anyway) – well sort of. I (real life me) never dance when I’m happy.
For a very long time now, I’ve felt really fed up with the virtual worlds because something was wrong with my Metro regions. They just kept crashing.
Late last night though, I managed to fix it. I have no idea what actually worked, but somehow the regions were still up today. Woot !!! I’m so happy now.by admin
Now it’s time for the why.